Mobile application for an Educational Information System
With the advent of smart phones and applications, educational institutions big or small want to come with a mobile app for providing important information regarding courses, important notices, timetables, library related information on phones etc.
As the demand for online quality professional education increases worldwide, universities and colleges are advancing into technology space. Almost every education institution today, invests in websites, web-based admissions, and library systems and so on.
The client wanted to implement an Online Classroom Application to connect faculty and students. Some of the key objectives are listed below:
- Enable students with real-time update of courses
- Enhance faster communication between faculty and students
- Support long-term mobile road map and port existing online classroom application to multiple mobile platforms
Education institutions should have custom made systems that stores relevant data and provides an interactive web interface.
Emorphis designed, developed and deployed an end-to-end online mobile application educational information system for faculties and students.
The main services include:
- Mobile application development
- Integration to backend systems using APIs
- Mobile testing – manual and automated
The mobile application framework built defines a set of ReST based web service calls for commonly used features like authentication, student information, library search, timetable etc. The specification also details what response is expected. The response also contains some metadata that governs the display aspects of the fetched data.
Thus, by adding a light web services layer in the existing server-side application, it can be made mobile enabled. Also, the solution consists of a mobile application as well, for android and iOS that makes use of such frameworks.
- User authentication – unique login for each user.
- Create / Search patients on the move.
- Receive real-time alerts when grades are posted.
- Receive real-time alerts when your instructor posts new threads or responds to your messages.
- New features can be easily added by adding new web service requests ability to customize user mobile UI aspects from server side.
- Important notifications about key events – upcoming exams, book return / Fee payment can be received on the application through the server.
The mobile application is a hybrid application built on web technologies like HTML, CSS, Dojo Mobile and PhoneGap.
Emorphis Technologies is a world class software development and solutions company which truly believes in “Innovation in motion”. Delivery innovation on the go at accelerated pace has been our success mantra till date. Over the years we have provided value to our clients in the field of enterprise mobility, cloud, IoT, backend development, Big Data Analytics, and Block Chain.
We serve industries ranging from unicorns, and startups to large multinationals in the healthcare, telecommunications, fintech, retail and publishing industry. Our go to market software products – iStatement, iPublisher and iBuggy have proved our metal with positive beneficial customer testimonials. We help our client in successful product development, consulting services and testing (manual & automated).
We have profound experience & expertise on various technologies like .Net, J2EE, PHP, iOS, Android and Cloud Computing viz. Amazon Web services (AWS), Software QA & testing (Manual & Automation). Our designed products are cloud ready and can be readily deployed on AWS/Azure cloud infrastructure.
Our pivot on engineering innovation and R&D helps quicken time-to-market, ensuring high quality at economies of scale, delivering cult competency for the global marketplace. We ensure that your ideas, concepts and requirements are backed by brilliant execution at our end. Having said that we extend end-to-end ownership of product/application design, development and deployment.